Friday 27 February 2009

Don't let the Oscar award fool you playa - I git it on Fridays...

Hype Williams videos are always about big pimpin' and the 'Blame It' video emphasises just that! I heard this track a while back and found myself dancing along to it without realising so I knew that this would be a better single than 'Just Like Me' [although it featured T.I no one really cared!].

Okay, so this video shocked the hair off my face [I currently look like the girl in The Ring....essay stress...don't ask...]. It may look like a music video but it isn't....I think it's a peep into what happens at the Oscar afterparties.

"...And the award for the most multiple-award winners in one music video goes to.....JAMIIEEEEE FOOOOOOOOOXX!"

The video starts off with the eponymous 'Hype Williams' tag so everyone will probably jizz...then a Rolls Royce pulls up into the frame and this is where everyone blows their wig.....guess who is driving....

JAKE GYLLENHAAL?!

Who's riding shotgun.....

FOREST bloomin' WHITAKER!!!

Who's chillin' in the back with Jamie Foxx.......[drum roll]....actually I won't ruin it...it's THAT SHOCKIIIIIIIIIIIING!!! I will give you a hint: He used to act in a popular sitcom alongside a guy in a cool jacket and now he makes movie gold......I think the dude was ALSO as shocked as me because his wig blew off a long time before the video even started...hahaha! From now on I will refer to him as anonymous...

Anyways....this anonymous shock element is a G! He's a serious G! I give him ratings for appearing in this video...he's so out of place that he will make many 'no homo' hip hop heads forget that Jake Gyllenhaal was brokebackin' it all over that mountain!!! The 'anonymous dude' does this by ignoring the hip hop dress code of mean muggin' and instead does a nerdy eyebrow twitch at the viewer as if he was saying, "Helloo - tonight, I'm playing a 'G'!"He also does the obligatory 'raising a glass of champers to the camera' move which cracked me up LOL!!! [Enter the anonymous dude's name here] I salute you.

But that's not all folks.....SAMUEL L. JACKSON is puff-puff-passin' with some vide-hos in the back of the club!!! This video is like some weird dream....which may be the whole reason behind the video. The chorus lyrics, 'Blame it on the alcohol...', indicate that Hype wanted to show how even the most respected names in the business like to get all liquered up and high with some booty-clappin' vide-hos .......Samuel L. is THE most convincing. I can tell he parties on a regs!

Here is a list of other people I spotted (there's probably more that I didn't notice):

Morris Chestnut

Bill Bellamy

Cedric the Entertainer

That dude from Usher's 'Caught Up' video and the movie, 'Ray'

and QUINCY 'friggin' JONESSSSS!!!!!

Good Points: The red room effect which I thought emphasised 'the results after chemical processes' theme....oscar winners + alcohol....get it....dahwell

The facial expression 'anonymous dude' makes when he steps out the car...priceless

Bad Points: The appearance of a BIGGGGG white label on Gyllenhaal's scarf!!!!! Eurgh! I hate when people don't take tags of scarves! That is my PET HATE!!!

The randomination of famous people and no real reason to back such randomness is also annoying




*I am*: Karl Marx and Proper

3 comments:

Super Noodle Rach said...

LOLL kara u make me laugh!!! you know i am always the bait-late bean so urm...hu is ron howard?! LOL!however it did make me laugh when he stepped out of the car with hottie jake and his white scarf label (hahaha)!! and "booty-clappin' vide-hos" ... classic!!

Super Noodle Rach said...

*classic line...quote...not the actually booty clappin chicks...

Anonymous said...

haha u r karl marx lol

its okay very catchy... i can see it doin well!