Saturday 21 February 2009

The week of Waste

It's Friday. I look back at the week and realise that I have wasted the last holiday I have before I hand in my final year work. I spent the week with a lopsided afro (my hair was in a curly afro cos I couldn't be bothered to stratighten it after I went to Work It). All the waste postmen got a glimpse of me rocking the Sideshow Bob do, mismatch house clothes much to my Mum's annoyance ("FIX YOUR HAIR, KARA! Don't be so bush!"). I have such crazy issues going on in my head, I can't begin comprehend them myself. Nor do I have the urge to bore my family with them.



I played the 'I'm doing work' game all week by not telling anyone that the hours I spent on the laptop were not for uni purposes. They were for 'me' purposes. This is the time that I spend completely blocking out the real world. Being 'me' meant that not once did I research things for my dissertation (even though I created a dissertation idea about my first love, music), I ignored the emails from uni, questions about uni etc. ANYTHING that would help me towards finishing uni, was alien to me this week. This now means that I am a week behind everyone at uni and all the work I handed in for the primary deadline (which was total rubbish), I now have to do EVERYDAY in between lectures and sleeping. Basically, by lazying around this week, I have risked the outcome of my sanity and the prospect of leaving uni with a 2:1!!!



Yes, I told myself I was going to be totally ghost in my final year and no, I have not lived up to this. So, yet again, last minute is when I decide to get serious. This means extra stress and even more effort to not go shopping every minute of my life! HAHAHAHA [manic laughter whilst my eyes widen from the shock that I am laughing in such disaterous times].



One kind lecturer let me know what one of my marks was out of three final pieces I have handed in last week. It was a point away from a First degree mark. This was quite annoying because it reminded me of the brains I DO have.....but I'm just too lazy to use them - and I hate my uni. My friends think I'm just being the 'joker' when I say I hate uni. It's not the student life that annoys me, it's the course content. I feel cheated - like they lied about the course just to get me trapped in some academic hell where the devil wears bad clothes and throws quick-fire round questions at you when they know that somehow among all that fire and brimstone, you have been asleep.



My friend took a pic of the Alps from an aeroplane and posted it on Facebook this week - very nice it was...my comment was something along the lines of: "The money I would pay just to jump out of that plane onto the Alps.....".



My nails are drying. I'm waking up in five hours to go to work. After work, I'm going to party with the losers in the previous post's photos![I wrote this coz I don't like leaving things on a bad note....its so selfish!] Oh and I call different sets of my friends 'Dudes', 'Biatches', 'Bozo's', 'Losers'.....don't ask why....but each group is used to it now coz they know it's all LURVE BABY!!!!
Oh and my hair has grown a LITTLE teeny bit, so that made me happy cos I was malting like Sheeba the friggin cat around New Years, so my spirits are slowly lifting.



I'm not reading over this for mistakes.....going to uni is a mistake, but I don't complain. DO I!
ARGGHHHHH...why are birds chirping!!!! I'm going to bed NOWWWW!!



*I am*: Straight hair and Proper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha...i gots a mention! x