Monday 23 February 2009

'Back for the First Time'

I have just got back to uni after my 'week of waste' and I feel like it's my first time being in this dull place. I noticed this feeling of unfamiliarity as I turned the key in my door an unnecessary amount of times even though it was open after the first turn. I also forgot about the annoying chicken that crows around 10.45pm (yes - some idiot leaving nearby has a chicken and it crows soooo much that I KNOW what times during the day/night that it will make that unearthly yelp!).













After dumping my bags, I checked to see if anyone had stolen my unwashed pasta pan in the kitchen, 'Still there - good,' as if anyone would take it. Walking ever so slowly as I marvelled at the oh-so fresh suede-ness of my new kick-a-licks [see below], I returned to my room to find the light was off. Now, everyone knows I tend to have the memory of Dory so me being lost, I simply turned the light back on, 'OH - the light went out - I get it ....great...aaawww man - that creepy, freshy security guard who used to try and move to my friends when they lived on halls is the only person who can help me....I don't even make eye contact with him.....maybe I should just ask him - hold up - but that means he has to come into my room - nahhh bruv - not with them shoes he's been trekking the vomit-strewn halls with - ya must be mad cuzzy! Actually, I can deal with the darkness.....but the Freemasons might get me in the night.....right - lets go to the security dude....'









So after swallowing a lot of pride (and I mean A LOT), I went to the security dude's office and told him my light went out.









"Erm - hi..."





"Hiii..."





"....yeaaa erm - my light went out so erm I was just wondering if [images of him walking with me into my room crept up again 'ABORT, ABORT!']....I was wondering if I could ask for help from... the maintenance people [yeah - nice diversion] tomorrow - the morning right? - because I don't mind, as you have to guard this place overnight, I don't wanna-"





"Don't worry - you can fix it yourself....have you done it before?"





"Yeah?" Nope. [Double Entendre]





"So you just turn it round yeh....here's the bulb alright...you do know-"





"Yeah - I do - thanks."









Taking off, like a bullet, back to my room, a feeling of relief entered my lungs, 'That wasn't so bad.....now, back to the light.' You know those big ol' round lights that are fixed on bathroom walls and that - my campus room has one of those so I knew the deal, 'twist and OFF'! So as I got through to the 78th turn, I accepted that this ain't a 'twist and off' job'.
"I bet he knew I would'nt be able to do this....fool....well I ain't goin' back that's fo' sure!"





So I'm using my precious Ikea bedroom lamp now. I hate using up my own stuff when I got free stuff to burn out!









Oh and that rave that I was supposed to be drowning my sorrows in.....how about I didn't get in! It was THAT packed! 'I'm not going to another', I decided! I'm moving on to a different free rave where scene people are not a priority but a minority. I won't be doing this until I finish uni in April and counting >>> [Check my countdown, ha!]









And my posts are going to become bitter at times because I'm not in South ...I'm at uni...where the sun never shines.









NOW, back to footwear! I quite like the LA Lakers colourway so I fulfilled this 'like' in a pair of Nike Blazer High Premiums last year. However, recently I bought the lovely LA Delta Force kicks, so now I'm sooooo over the Blazers. To be honest, the Blazers are half a size too big! BUT I got them because they were in the Boxing Day sale at Niketown (and are still full price in my place of work for some strange reason!?!?!). I was getting a deal at Niketown so I was ON IT! Not anymore though, as my unworn Blazers have never come out of their box since then haha!









Which ones do you think are better [it won't affect my decision muahaha!]....or should I just keep both even though I'm as broke as a bank?






































*I am*: Stuffing my face with a 4-pack of Yum Yums and Proper

No comments: