Wednesday 18 February 2009

New Music Video: T.I. ft. Justin Timberlake 'Dead & Gone'

I'm sure everyone saw T.I.'s Grammy performance of 'Dead & Gone' and thought, 'Damn! He performed like it was his last show ever...he even switched up the Rap Pack look and came out Hood and Proper (lol) with a beanie hat tilted T.I.P-style.' For those who don't know the story behind the song, taking it 'back to the hood' was his way of stripping all things Hollywood to deliver his message with sincerity to those plastic Grammy heads. 'Dead & Gone' is a poignant tribute to his childhood friend and former personal assistant, Philant Johnson. Unfortunately, Johnson was shot after one of T.I.'s concerts in 2006 and as I have read in many interviews over the years, T.I. constantly brings it up and blames himself for his death. .




With T.I's current circumstances surrounding his prison sentence, he has taken a more reflective attitude in his music. This new outlook is clearly expressed in 'Dead & Gone', which, unlike his previous videos, is much darker, visually and symbollically.

Good Points: The opening scripture and bleak cinematography - is this how T.I. sees his future in pen?


Bad Points: I dunno why but whenever I see Justin Timberlake on the screen he breaks the flow of sincerity.

The piano set alight - hollow and cliched.....the car set alight in the 'Crazy in Love' video did more for me....lol..



UPDATE: YouTube has requested that user removes the video due to copyright infringement so here is another link

No comments: