Wednesday 18 February 2009

Awards: The BRITS 2009

Pics will come later if they are worthy enough but I'm just writing this as I watch so bear with my longness.....




First off I thought KYLIE was muggin' me off with a performance of 'Can't Get You Outta My Head', then I saw that it was a comedic entrance for those guys off that programme




U2
...recycled visuals from the grammys and Bono in guyliner



KATY PERRY in a sparkly corset adorned with chains and Hello Kitty



FEARNE COTTON ...huh? Is this an award show or Smile?? This is one thing that annoys me with the BRITS ....they insist on interacting with people at home!!! Stop it!! Act like the Grammys and make us feel like complete outsiders who are of no use to the rich and glamourous....maybe it will look less tacky.....wait a minute...Fearne is presenting outside a caravan...oooookayyy...



GIRLS ALOUD
......or...GIRLS [who shouldn't be]ALOUD[to sing]....why did they spend all that time covering up their dresses when, by way of the camera angles, we still saw their 'spectacular' nude coloured dresses - BAIT!!! And they CANNOT sing (except for Nadine Coyle) so why did they decide it was a good idea to have just their heads on show for most of the performance.....we only watch you turnips because of your outfits....which are not even all that most of the time


The mastercard advert with that woman singing one of my favourite chooons!!! This is the performance to beat tonight....


I like the black and cobalt blue suit the presenting dude is rockin' (what is his NAME??!?!)


THE LAST OF THE SHADOW PUPPETS
missed out on the award for (whoops missed it lol) but they are sick so they don't need it...Duffy wins and says, 'Oh gosh - I'm starting to recognise your faces', to the audience....ERM don't get excited Duffy...you've only been up there twice bruv....


COLDPLAY perform Viva la Vida.....although it is overplayed....this is one of the best songs from them in ages......Chris Martin dancing - he doesn't know this but he is doing the Shoulder Lean at the moment haha!! Brap, brap!!


[The camera freezes during the show on this random bearded guy...creepy]

NATALIE IMBRUGLIA presents......her face is too hot so I missed what award she is giving away...but Kings of Leon won.....they thank God....bless 'em!

DUFFY sings Warwick Avenue....her red dress is a little dry....what a beautiful set....my Mum loves all things art deco so I'm sure she will love this too...the orchestra backing her is sooo yummy

Mastercard woman is back again wooooo lol.....wait - she's exposing my much loved song....they need to lay off rinsing the advert now.....

TAKE THAT....now don't front.....you know you know all the words to their songs too.....they perform on a really cool floating spaceship type podium....very effective....

DAVID HASSLEHOFF passes tru to hand out awards....he's still THAT GUY

KINGS OF LEON perform the 'Use Somebody'.....the lead guy's voice kinda reminds me of Curtis Stiger sometimes...

KANYE WEST wins Best international Male and says a bunch of crap that was enough to distract me from the annoying Lionel Richie steez. They both like talking about themselves though....I heard a radio interview with Richie yesterday and woke up in an even deeper sleep...

THE TING TINGS & ESTELLE .....OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!! She blatantly stole Kanye's blazer from the Grammys!!!!!!! THIEF!!! HOW DARE SHE!!! I'm peeking through my hands as I cringe at both vocalists fighting to further their 20 minutes of fame...

GIRLS ALOUD won their first BRIT ever for Best Single....hmmm....

TOM JONES! Wow...he really has left the hair dye at home!!! He presents DUFFY with her third BRIT for Best British Album.....she deserves it though


BRANDON FLOWERS still big pimpin' with that feathered shoulders blazer....I need to raid his wardrobe...his jackets are always on point! He gives a personal, heart-warming account whilst intorducing this year's Outstanding Contribution to music winners, the PET SHOP BOYS


PET SHOP BOYS (one of the many groups I thought I grew up with when I was younger...not knowing there stuff was before my time lol! They perform a medley....my Mum continues to sing louder than them, whilst going on about how good they are...LADY GAGA passes tru to sing with them looking sick in an outfit reminiscent of a fine china set....BRANDON FLOWERS....does a quick bar or two with 'em to complete his childhood dream...when they all sing together my ears bleed....by Brandon's expression and 'side-eye' looks, I think he blames Lady Gaga for a terrible harmony....


THE END....apple crumble and custard time....



*I am*: Munching & Proper

No comments: