Tuesday 17 February 2009

New Music: 50 Cent 'Shut Your...'

I love when US rappers do the whole Patois thing and start claiming that their ancestors were Jamaican when people are puzzled by it. Busta Rhymes sounded kinda lame whenever he dropped the Yardie bars (and I doubt he'll brave that again...I hope). When 50 Cent dropped the word 'bloodcl**t' in 'I Get Money' the only thing I could do was laugh at how poor it sounded! It fell flatter than Beyonce's tumble down the stairs! Even though that memorable bar was supposed to incite a pandemonium and fear, he got zero ratings and everyone shook a leg without a care to the nonsense this guys spits. But why do we dance along to 50 Cent's music....his beats. Club bangers and car bangers are his forte so he excels in that sense. Beefing wasn't his forte, (please refer to the Cam'ron 'Curtis' era), however, he is stepping up his dissbacks (Rick Ross ain't a boss no mo'!).


50 teamed up with DJ Premier for his new track, 'Shut Your Bloodcl**t Mouth' which I must say has a nice beat, I mean c'mon, it's a product of Premo! In regards to this, why is DJ Premier giving this clown good beats....50 is not in the Hip Hop game for the love of rap...he blatantly tells us in every song he does that he is all about the money.

'Hate It Or Love It' was my lyrical highlight for 50. Although I will be honest and admit that I haven't wasted any more time getting to know his unreleased tracks, please enlighten me if there are other rap gems that top the honesty he expressed so poetically when him and the Game teamed up.


Good Points: The beat is NICE!!

Bad Points: The Ja-fake-an chorus and him talking 'smack' as ususal....boring....and most of his rapping is inaudible due to permanent lockjaw



*I am*: Hood and ZZZzzzz

No comments: