Monday 2 March 2009

Magnificent. In...deed.

Obviously when Fiddy Cent and everybody started dissing Rick Ross 'Tha Bowss' (or Tha Officer lol) I laughed along with 'em....real HARD! We all like a good laugh don't we?! That being said, I never, NEVER, took Fiddy's side, his lyrics are bogus. Anyway, considering Killa Cam finished their beef with one word (CURRRTISSSS!) he blatantly isn't that good at making good comebacks either so he's basically just some guy who makes money and talks about it whilst his minions lick his bum-bum. [Sorry, I know I always write lame longness about 50 Cent but I am going somewhere with this!]. This random guy does a better Rick-diss video, looking like he out-grew his Village People outfit, [best bits: "I'm trilllaaaaaaa....Bowss...BOWSS!"].

So, Rick Ross has been a little silent, hasn't he? Did Fiddy's bullying get the better of him? Is Rick Rowss lowsst [that was supposed to rhyme but urm...]? Well, in my opinion, he's been away making bangers! Bangers, I tells ya!! Working with the J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League, the producers behind the smoothness that was 'Maybach Music', Officer Ross and John Legend bring us the magnificent sounds of 'Magnificent'. I love the production on this track with a passion! You may criticise Officer Ricky but you cannot deny that both his gravelly flow and Legend's, equally, throaty wails work well. I won't go into technicalities [I will save that for my beatmaking friends who cannot hang up on me muahaha] but the beat is softly hard! Also, from what I have seen on a few forums I roam, it is not only I who is lusting after the crisp production of 'Magnificent' so I know your ears will enjoy this musical snickers bar.

If that doesn't convince you, whilst listening to 'Magnificent' for the millionth time today, I took on Tha Bowss-type attitude, marched over to some dudes in the uni library and told them to turn their music down because it was louder than mine. Sorry, but it had to be done.

However, the only negative I have about this song is I didn't hear 'WE THA BESSSS'....so much sincerity, in three short words *shakes head in remembrance*.

P.S. Play loud.

P.S.S. [invented because girls never shut up]

I watched this video of Tha Bowss playing 'Magnificent' to Daz Dillinger in the studio and my first thought was he is wayyyyy too comfortable. Shirtless, as usual, in a leather officer chair (clammy+leather=bad combo). Then he has the cheek to hover is ashtray over the mixing desk??? Nah bruv! He might as well be eating KFC off his stomach whilst shaving his armpits too....

*I am* Hood and Proper

No comments: