Thursday 12 March 2009

Insight to Inspire

I am supposed to be doing my work so I cannot do a proper post but I wanted to remind forgetful-self on here for visual effect.
We had to talk about a photographer and their work today in my photojournalism class [I found that out just before I arrived to the lecture.....late as usual....and without any work] however, I wasn't the only one because two people contributed out of the whole class. A few awkward silences later, a supposedly cute photo of a baby with multiple menacing dolls that look like something out of Chuckie's OWN nightmares are being shone in our faces......so I close my eyes out of fear...then close 'em longer out of boredom/the desire to picture myself at the beach.....


So the only eager one who did the homework decides to subject us to yet another painfully, depressing photo-story. This photo-story shows every step of [....actually I cannot remember the photographer's name] mother AND father dying of cancer
. Literally, dying. He took photos of EVERYTHING!!! Even when the couple found out one of them had cancer - he had taken photos of them crying and hugging each other. I found this brave,yet exploitive documentation of such a private event ZZZzzzzzz......I fell into a daysleep....blinked and saw that the dude also took photos of when his mother and father died on their hospital beds. Mouths open, tubes sticking out of them, with their eyes open and no concern of their camera-toting son. This was tooo sad to watch as I'm already sad enough as it is in uni!

Suddenly a flash of this MJ-esque pose brightened up my day.....and kept my eyes from crossing paths. I won't say much now but I shall post more on the wonder behind this photograph in a hot minute [month].




*I am* SOOOOOOO TIREDDDDD and Proper

2 comments:

Janelle Erika said...

i love the banner on your blog!!!!

Kara Sudoku-Mishap/Hood and Proper said...

Awww thank you!
It's a photo of some material I found at a vintage sale!
I'm going to make a dress out of it...