Thursday 14 January 2010

New Music: MIA 'There's Space For Ol Dat I See'

I like MIA because she's always willing to take risks and release sounds onto us that may not sit comfortably with our ears on the first listen. I have just listened to her track three times in a row and to be honest, I don't like this track that much. I know there are some who like whatever she does because it's MIA approved [this sentence sounds dumb but it makes sense lol]. That's fine. She IS an amazing artist, without a doubt, but I'm looking at the track for what it is an' I don' like deeeess songs misser.

I like the trippy effects in relation to the whole space theme, I once had a space moment and tried to make a beat along those lines so I love this kinda stuff. However, I don't like that you cannot play it loudly because of how brash it gets at times. I like that the dude who worked on this track, Rusko, did something opposite to his usual Dubstep sound as he did Kid Sister's 'Pro Nails' Dubstep remix but after listening to this....I found myself getting a lil ...meh.
I can't wait to hear more stuff from her though!

*HoodandProper*LONDON, Quieten down I need to make a sound!!!!

No comments: