Monday 15 June 2009

Sunday...the day when the sun always shines the brightest...

I love the fact that whenever I go to church during the summer, the sun shines even brighter than usual! I like blue skies when the pastor preaches...it adds to the encouraging messages. Today's message was along the lines of not letting other people's negative thoughts about us become all we are....or facts be the end of the story [or somethin' like that lol]. Yeah, so at the moment I am a lil worried about my uni results as two of them are really REALLY good, one is alright and the other is so bad I feel like complaining to my Uni! I got them on friday and I am yet to find out my final overall grade until later notice but I have already told myself I will be getting my desired grade [ahahaha.....brave, ain't I!]. I am soooooo cool with whatever I get now because I know that if it is in God's will for me to have a bad grade here or there I should learn from it and work on it. I learnt quite a great deal about myself as a person in Uni, so I will take a lot of posisitve material from the experience and smile, irrespective of my final grade. I will not be brought down by what other people may say about not getting a first class degree etc I know that I am destined for much bigger things than a photograh hanging above the television of me holding a scroll of paper, wearing a rent-a-robe, a weird hat with a tassle [even though I can't wait to wear that hat hahaha], and a smile I practiced and perfected the night before. With my determination, [sorry if I'm sounding cliched - I am being real though ha!] I know I will have more than one thing for my parents to hang on the wall.....period. dot. blank
I heard this song by Coko [the leader of the SWV gang] just before I read my results....I always wanted to know who sung this but my stupid ass didn't look it up 'til today!

*I am* Hood and Proper focused mayn

No comments: