Wednesday 10 June 2009

"...'Ow do you say Deee-Groovy..."

I now know the reason why I got a virus on my lappy tappy. It was because of one particular song that I really really really wanted to listen to on repeat whilst soaking up the sun and watching the waves roll about on the beach in Portugal. I couldn't find a legit website for mp3's and out of desperation I kinda decided to download from anywhere and hope for the best. However, the worst happened, and yadda yadda ya.... . I still want this song even though it will remind me of viruses from now on.......

It really annoys me that songs like this Deadmau5 track are only played in certain places that I know my peeps wouldn't pay money to go to. Since last year I have said that one day I gotta go to a proper hard trancey/housey/trippy night just to see how long I can dance for.....I would probably last longer than all the druggies the way I dance haha! Can you hear how good this would have sounded on the beach? When I go on my next beach holiday this summer I shall definitely have this on heavy ipod rotation! All that was blasted out of our boomPod in Portugal was Kings of Leon [courtesy of Yinkz aka Miss Lazy and Confused] .....literally....EVERYDAYYYYY!!!!! I like 'em but she was tryna brainwash us on some next levels!

I was supposed to make a mixtape in May of all the songs that make me smile/nostalgic to mark the end of an era. I haven't got round to it yet but I'm gonna post bits and bobs of it on here. Of course Deee-Lite 'Groove Is In The Heart' featuring Bootsy Collins and Q-Tip has got to be on it! Their name says it all ... Deee Lite made songs that would delight yo' ears! This song has become a bit of a novelty record which annoys me because its is soooooo sick! Yes, the song was basically two old funk tunes slapped together like a sandwich with the fabulously drag-looking lead singer as the ham but who cares! Groove's in the mutha-funkin heart mayn......

[I couldn't get the real video so I got this 'good dvd copy' remake for you instead ha! Enjoyyy.....]



Whenever I hear songs like this I go into New Jack Swing mode - no joke - I'm serious! I can't help but dance like the Fresh Prince ahaha! Play both the videos below at the same time and you will get an idea of how I can act real dumb when I dance to these songs sometimes ;)





[In the post before this I said I was going to pick up my laptop. Well, when the technician phoned me about my laptop this morning we ended up talking about how I make music ....apparantly the technician makes music too so he knew my pain when he told me he has to wipe my hardrive....anyways I found out he has a music program I've been tryna get hold of for free since forever....ahem.... I kinda asked him to install it on my laptop cos I don't wanna pay £150 for it HAHAHAHA...buuuuuuut he didn't call back to tell me to pick it up from the store like he said he would.... I am assuming it was really busy at their store or ......he is doing me a favour.... I'm praying for the latter :) ]

*I am* Hood up/ face down when I walk around my area at this time of night and Proper freaked out by that guy who was standing near my house...

2 comments:

Stephyy said...

omg I love that Kaskade song!!! ty so much! I've been dying for the name of that damn song!! <3 lol

Kara Sudoku-Mishap/Hood and Proper said...

KL!i love wen i help ppl with their music needs haha!I was in love with the song and didn't know the name of it for a while either so I understand yo' pain! So mellowwwwww.....