Thursday 18 February 2010

Brit Awards 2010

I know I'm late with this [I'm ill :( ]but ohhhh the bore that was the Brit awards. It really is the biggest music awards show in Britain but it really is rubbish. When I was younger, the Brits was more controversial and more entertaining than Liam Gallagher having a twitter tiff with Peter Kay. C'mon, Liam....Peter Kay? On the subject of past Brits, the Spice Girls deservedly walked off with the Most Memorable Performance of 30 years which featured Ginger Spice in that Union Jack dress wayyyy back in 1997...



Highlights of the night:

Tom Meighan from Kasabian running and slipping on to his ass because he was so excited to collect his award from Idris Elba (Stringer Bell from The Wire). And no, I wasn't laughing at him, I was laughing with him because I woulda done the SAME thing lol!



Can you believe that IDRIS ELBA himself came to my workplace a few days before the Brits!! He was walking around upstairs and talking to one of my friends whilst me and the other girls worked away downstairs!?!?!? I haven't told one of my friends cos I know she will beat me up for being NEAR him. However, I will tell her I too was shocked and equally upset considering one of the guys came and told us when Ricky Butcher from Eastenders was in the shop earlier that day. LOL!

Dizzee Rascal doing some random skank while Fearne Cotton [and her terrible hair extensions] were interviewing him. You can take a guy outta the roads but you can't take the road outta the guy.

JLS *teen girl screeeeaaaaaam* winning two awards made me smile because people always laugh when I say they are my guilty pleasure. Well who's laughing NOW??!?!? [....I know, I know.....I will still get laughed at...]. And can someone tell Oritse his 'I can't believe it' face and victory dances makes me cringe.

Robbie Williams' medley was really good! I've always liked Robbie and Take That since I was little - good old catchy pop songs, charm and charisma is definitely Robbie's niche...this is how you entertain....



Low points of the night:


Lady Gaga's self indulgent performance. I know that artists should be free to express themselves [blah blah] but just imagine if you had booked Michael Jackson to perform at an awards ceremony and he sings 'Ben' from his stool. Not that you don't like 'Ben', it's just that you'd rather see him do 'Billie Jean'. You see what I'm getting at?




Lily Allen opened the show. Why? Then she went on to pick up the gong for Best Britsh Female Solo Artist. Really? Okay LOL!!!! She accepted the award wearing a huge ginger wig [just a tad smaller than her ego] and said she did so because she didn't want the camera to be able to find her and show her disappointed face when she lost an award. I didn't buy it and I don't think the audience did either.

Dizzee Rascal and Florence & the Machine's Gri/ndie duet sounded nice on paper....let us all be honest - as much as you wanted it to be great, it wasn't. [Ohhh, LMAO, talking of bad duets, did anyone see Meatloaf perform on Popstar to Operastar....my ears bled for mercy.]




REALLY Low points of the night:

Cheryl Cole trying it!!!! ARGHHHHH she annoys meeeeee!!! Someone needs to tattoo 'I AM NOT BEYONCE' on her forehead because I think she is starting to believe she's Jigga's boo. Boo...YOU AINT his boo and your own boo don't want YOU!!!!! Her performance was whack and I was soooooo hoping she would take a trip down the stairs as she had already copied Bey's outfit and stage set from that infamous 'Ring The Alarm tumble'. Her miming was atrocious and so was the house mashup with Robin's 'Show Me Love'. Just stop.



The Winner's List

British Female Solo Artist - Lily Allen
International Female Solo Artist - Lady Gaga
British Breakthrough Act - JLS
International Male Solo Artist - Jay-Z
British Male Solo Artist - Dizzee Rascal
International Album - Lady GaGa - The Fame
Brits Performance Of 30 Years - The Spice Girls Wannabe / Who Do You Think You Are (1997)
British Group - Kasabian
Critics' Choice - Ellie Goulding
International Breakthrough Act - Lady GaGa
British Single - JLS Beat Again
British Album Of 30 Years - Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
British Album - Florence And The Machine - Lungs
Outstanding Contribution To Music - Robbie Williams



[ARGH!!!Why won't blogger let me format properly :( ]
*KARA* is without chocolate...

2 comments:

A friend of Mrs BEST said...

Loveeeee this post! I haven't got round to watching it all but I don't think I can go through the trauma of watch lily Allen, cheryl cole and ortise/ nigger uncle embrassing themselves!!!! The Brits is an embrassing bore especially coz they always hype it up b4 hand!

Yinka said...

LOOOOOOOL 'Like MJ performing Ben'!!! U CRACK ME UP KARA!!!!i agree agree agree!!! apart from.....florence and dizee were sick!!! mainly cos i really like florence!!! cheryl tried her best and i quite like the mashup?!?! & jls were WACK as usual!!! i distinctly remember watching through my hands on my face TOO CRINGE!!!