Friday 13 August 2010

You? Fantasy?.....No thanks, Bashy. I like Daydreams better.

I was going to write hundreds of posts today but I have just finished doing my hair and I've got 5hrs before I have to get up for work.


I haven't written much recently because it's all been in my head while I'm staring into the ceiling at work and floats away when I sit down to type! I have been doing full time hours for the past few weeks and .....erm ....WOW.....I am soooooooo GLAD I never signed a full time contract!!! Sleep deprivation, much? Someone ask me when I last watched EastEnders......I haven't watched my fave soap in.....ahem...a WEEK and a HALF!!!!!SHOCK HORROR....that's about 4hours catch up I have to do before over the next two days before the new episode on Monday!!!

I got loads to say but for now I gotta just talk about today....


I saw this video and instantly started laughing...I hate to do this because I don't think bashy is a bad artist but really.....WHAT THE HECK IS THIS!?!??!? His new music video for 'Fantasy' [which completely MURDERS one of my favourite 90's songs as a lil 'un, Baby D's 'Let Me Be Your Fantasy']  is straight up cheese on bread. The stills of the video on youtube made me laugh but I thought,' maybe they just caught it at a bad angle' ....






Hmmm.....


Then I watched the video [in silence because I was supposed to be working in the office].






After two minutes, I had to stop watching it......I was trying to hold in the laughter SO MUCH that I was literally sweating and losing my breath ....somehow the humour was heightened by the confused looks I was getting and it all became even more funny. Why was I finding this so funny....I know I find the humour in most cheaply made videos but this one actually had me questioning my juvenile behaviour.........is it because he is what we consider a 'rapper from the streets' all 'Castaway' and bare foot in the sand like some toddler at brighton beach? Is it because he is all washed up.....in both senses?? Or is it because his video looks like it's jacking this dude's steez.....




ALL I gotta say is.....how 'bout you GO COMPARE your life bruv!!!! When your music video starts to look like an insurance advert...it is .....a time to reflect.
 [And that,folks, is putting it nicely.....the sentence I wrote before REALLY boyed it....and I actually like what Bashy is doing with his life with his acting and that so I ain't gonna do him like that.....it was V.FUNNY though....].



It's now 4am....why am I still on this....now I have 4hrs worth of sleep to bang out....

No comments: