Monday 15 March 2010

TRIBAL POLKA FUN courtesy of Jeremy Scott x Adidas!!

The new Jeremy Scott x Adidas collaboration landed smack bang in my lap last week and as I had to sort out the delivery of his new [upsettingly expensive] collection at work I remembered something. I STILL hadn't bought my Jeremy Scott Kente Nizza Hi's to commemorate Ghana's 53rd Independence day last week [whooops :S]!!
Since I went crazy and bought way too many kicks in New York last July, I have only bought...two since then!! Good isn't it? [Obviously, I bought a few shoes but that's not another story...I HAD TO FEED MY ADDICTION TO SUEDE lol!]
So, back at work, I excitedly asked a friend to give me some of her discount [cos mine is LONG GONE :( !!] and I got things on and cracking!!
What was £94.99...I got for £30!! WOOOOOHOOOOO!!! Bargain!! The traditional Kente used matches an authentic purse and crazy pyramid bag I acquired when I visited my family in the yummy sun of Ghana. [I said all of this to please my mother the fact that I'm adding another big ass box to sit on top of all the other boxes but she was VERY happy to see how Adidas was repping Ghana anyways haha! RESULT].I shall take pics of those things and add them so you can see!!
P.S. My friend actually worked with Jeremy Scott HIMSELF for three months in LA and when she tore herself away from LA life she would send us pics of his works in progress!! She said he was really cool...so much so, he even bought her a vintage shirt for her B Day that had her style written all over it! How thoughtful and nice!!
Oh and coincidentally, the day I bought the Nizza Hi's, I had a Jeremy Scott type look going so I upped the ante by dusting off my Minnie Ears and took some self-indulging pics....


jeremy scott adidas tribal close up

jeremyscotttribal

Jeremy Scott Adidas Tribal

Jeremy Scott Adidas Kente Nizza Hi

www.twitter.com/hoodandproper * can't wait 'til Jersey Shore is on the UK screens!! Snooki is my style icon lol!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh ur Ghanaian too! i like u even more now;) £30 is defo wat u call a bargain!

http://mybluesuedeshoes.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

looking girl girlie...ive got a piece in my new collection i know your going to love and a velvet piece with some gold bead work...im making, which has your name on it..

Kara Sudoku-Mishap/Hood and Proper said...

@Miss Carmel
YEP!hi-5 my Ghanaian homegal!!

@Rachy
I hope you got your board markers ready to write 'my name all over it 'lol